"We seek to not only prevent trafficking before it begins, but also to intervene where it already exists. Every step is based on prayer and on the Word of God." Lana Packer
Our MISSION is to end, reach and restore victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation by:
· Justice through advocacy
· Prevention through education
· Hope through relationships
· A new beginning in a safe environment
Our VISION is to see freedom for victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation with an opportunity for a new life.
- Globally, the International Labor Organization estimates that there are 4.8 million people trapped in forced sexual exploitation.
- Germany is a transit and destination country for women being trafficked for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation.
- Victims are trafficked to Germany from other parts of Europe (primarily Eastern Europe), Africa (primarily Nigeria), Asia, and the Western Hemisphere.
- Stuttgart, Germany is one of Europe’s hottest destinations for sex tourism.
The situations that sex-trafficking victims face vary dramatically. Many victims become romantically involved with someone who then forces or manipulates them into prostitution. Others are lured in with false promises of a job, such as modeling or dancing. Some are forced to sell sex by their parents or other family members. They may be involved in a trafficking situation for a few days or weeks, or may remain in the same trafficking situation for years.
„She is like a tiny frail bird caught up in a cage of perpetual darkness. A darkness from which she has lost all hope of escape.” Marta, ein Mitglied des Kainos-Interventionsteams
David and Lana Packer have served and ministered for over 30 years to those living in the international crossroads of the world.
They started their lives together with a strong calling to international work. Seeing firsthand the needs of the world, it moved them with compassion and led them to a determination to make a difference for Christ in international work.
After 26 years of life and ministry overseas – including Europe and Asia – they remain committed to their life calling.
Currently, they are serving in Stuttgart, Germany. David is the senior pastor of International Baptist Church Stuttgart and Lana is the founding president of Kainos. David and Lana have 30 years of cross-cultural experience and both have spoken to cross-cultural groups in more than 30 countries. They are both published authors and have worked with believers and churches from a wide range of Christian denominations.